On 29 November 2012 a new Pallottine youth group was officially launched at Nagpur, India in the presence very many UAC members and the General Administration of the Pallottine Fathers and Brothers. Ten young people, most of them students hailing from UAC families in Nagpur, have come together inspired by the teaching of St. Vincnet Pallotti to promote charity and to lead a life of faith. This youth group is christened as Pallottine Youth Nagpur City (PYNC). The new group received blessings from very Rev. Fr. Jacob Nampudakam, the Ecclesiastical Assistant to Union of Catholic Apostolate who prayed and wished that they become apostles of love and faith.
PYNC is formed as an integral part of the Pallottine Youth Forum (PYF) world wide. PYF is an association of young people committed to the vision and philosophy of St. Vincent Pallotti who envisioned a world where men and women of goodwill work together for the good of mankind after the model of Jesus Christ by proclaiming and living His values of love and service. It is open to young people of all faiths and creed, who have the motivation and inclination to offer selfless service to the welfare of the society and fellow human beings.
Vision Statement of PYNC: “To Think Beyond … To Serve Beyond”
Aims and Objectives
• To bring together young people who are motivated by their love of God to work for positive changes in the society for the welfare of mankind.
• To induce Spiritual renewal of self and other young people around them.
• To conduct/organize spiritual and leadership enrichment programs for the Youth/children at parish, diocesan, regional and national level.
• To empower its members for leadership by imparting training in various skills.
• To promote unity in diversity by periodic interaction nationally and internationally.
• To share cultural and religious(liturgical) heritages, aiming to enhance knowledge and understanding of diverse cultures and traditions.
• To conscientize the young of the challenges facing the church and the world and to help form strategies and methods to overcome them.